Early Childhood Development Program
PIQE developed the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Program to help parents prepare their children for the Pre-K and Kindergarten classroom. The ECD Program teaches parents how to provide a stimulating environment at home, in an effort to positively influence their child’s early success in school. The ECD program also equips parents with knowledge of early childhood development. The program concludes with a visit from an elementary school principal, along with a parent graduation ceremony.
Topics in this nine-week program include:
- brain development
- health, nutrition and active living
- positive discipline techniques
- pre-reading skills and language development
- early math and the importance of STEM
- accessing social services within the school and local community.