Family Bridge to College
The four-day program provides families resources and tools to support their children’s successful transition to college in the Fall. In partnership with Latino Education Advancement Fund, PIQE provides personalized engagement. Participants will gain ready-to-use strategies to support their students whether parents have or have not been to college themselves.
- The social-emotional development and needs of a student as they transition to college life.
- Focus on the financial aid package, student support services, and campus resources available to students.
- Supporting students’ academic success through campus resources and navigating college experiences.
- Focus on internship, work-study, and career opportunities for students while in college.
- Discussion on life after college graduation.
Thank you to Latino Education Advancement Fund, 75 parents are taking part in PIQE’s inaugural first cohort in the Bay Area! A majority of the students attending college will be first in their families.
For more information, please contact PIQE Bay Area Executive Director Christan Maxwell